Passion, Sex & Intimacy: Keep the Fires of Passion Burning E-Workbook
By Richard Nicastro, Ph.D.
Psychologist & Relationship Coach
Why I created the Passion, Sex & Intimacy: Keep the Fires of Passion Burning e-workbook:
So many of the couples I work with desire a passionate marriage or relationship but thought they had to settle for a sexless marriage, or a relationship with little emotional intimacy.
No matter what stage your relationship is in (whether you’re dating, preparing for marriage or have been together for fifty years), sex, passion and intimacy are integral parts to a vibrant and fulfilling union…
…But the sad reality is that too many couples start to neglect this vital part of their marriage or relationship at some point. They wrongly assume that love will carry their relationship along and that passion and intense sexual desire will happen naturally.
The truth is, passion and intimacy are expressions of your love and can make you and your partner feel closer, but, like anything in life, passion and intimacy require effort.
As a marriage or relationship matures, passion, sexual desire and emotional intimacy often do wane—but these vital parts of your relationship don’t have to be lost. With proper care and attention, couples can create satisfying sex lives and a deep emotional connection, no matter how long they’ve been together. You can look forward to a renewed, rewarding connection with your spouse or partner.
Excerpt from Passion, Sex & Intimacy: Keep the Fires of Passion Burning
“While stress impacts people in different ways, couples usually report that intimacy and passion are profoundly compromised when stress reaches a certain level. And this makes sense for several reasons: When under stress, your body readies itself for danger.
No matter what the stress is that you’re facing (finances, job security, dealing with difficult in-laws), your body doesn’t distinguish modern day stresses from the physical dangers of yesteryear. So when you’re under stress, your body undergoes physical reactions to prepare for danger. When faced with stress, you undergo a stress-response (your body releases stress hormones) that prepares your body to either fight off the danger or flee the threat or freeze (remain immobile to avoid drawing attention to yourself) until the danger passes.
How can you feel sexy and passionate when your body is getting ready for such a dramatic, automatic response?”
In my passion and intimacy workbook, you’ll learn about the dramatic impact that stress can have on passion and intimacy, and you’ll discover easy-to-implement strategies to protect this vital part of your union from the stress in your life.
Over the last fifteen years as a psychologist and marriage therapist, I’ve worked with many couples wanting to build a stronger, more vibrant marriage or relationship. And I’ve seen first-hand the emotional pain a sexless marriage and a passionless relationship can cause a couple—feelings of isolation, feeling undesirable, behaving more like roommates than lovers.
I’ve also seen how couples can move a relationship that’s been in a long-standing passion-deficit to one that’s alive with sensuality, passion and intimacy. These couples went from experiencing what appeared to be a “platonic love” to enjoying a “passionate love.”
The strides these couples made led me to write Passion, Sex & Intimacy: Keep the Fires of Passion Burning.
I’m proud to share this information with you and your spouse/partner.
Here’s some information about my passion & intimacy workbook to help you decide if it’s right for you:
1. My workbook will help you examine the common roadblocks that can stand in the way of you and your spouse/partner creating a deeper, more passionate connection–you will assess the unique hurdles that can prevent you from creating a fulfilling sex life and deeper intimacy.
2. I walk you step-by-step through the psychology behind building a more passionate connection with your partner. You’ll discover the specific mindsets that fuel romance and allow passion to become a regular part of your relationship.
3. The detailed self-assessments throughout my workbook will allow you and your partner to tailor the information to the specific needs of your marriage or relationship. This isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to marriage advice or relationship help.
4. The concepts presented in this workbook come from my experience as a psychologist, marriage therapist and relationship coach. The information you’ll discover in Passion, Sex & Intimacy comes from real-life experiences, from couples who have worked to create a more passionate connection with their spouse/partner.
5. The powerful questions and exercises in this workbook are the same ones I use in my couples counseling and relationship coaching practice. Owning my workbook is like having your own personal coach and passion guide handy whenever needed. This will allow you to work at your own pace and come back to these exercises again and again.
6. You will become mindful of the anti-passion mindsets that stand in the way of passion and intimacy. Physical and emotional intimacy are extensions of the attitudes and mindsets you and your spouse/partner hold—attitudes that you may not even be fully aware of.
7. Did you know that couples who report having a sexually satisfying, passion-filled relationship experiment sexually with one another? Learn the seven, easy-to-use principles for effective sexual experimentation.
8. Touch is an effective form of communication that can become a powerful addition to your passion and sensuality toolbox. Discover how savoring the sensations of touch can deepen physical, emotional and spiritual intimacy.
9. Discover why communication and intimacy go hand-in-hand. Effective communication is a two-step process: first you must become attuned to your different physical and emotional needs; second, you must share this information in such a way that your partner will understand what you’re asking of him/her. You’ll learn communication skills to help build a rewarding sex life and deepen emotional intimacy.
10. The emotionally intense, infatuation-stage of relationships holds important information that you’ll use to increase the passion and intimacy in your own marriage or relationship.
The above is an abbreviated list of the information in Passion, Sex & Intimacy: Keep the fires of passion burning.
Own your copy of Passion, Sex & Intimacy: Keep the Fires of Passion Burning E-Workbook
(Please note that my 182-page passion and intimacy e-workbook is in PDF format and will be emailed to you upon purchase.)
Thank you for the opportunity to be of service to your relationship,
Rich Nicastro, Ph.D.
Psychologist & Relationship Coach